Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Patrick amasses some recent little revelations

- People drive over speed bumps in different ways and at different speeds, and I like to pretend that that is the way they approach events in their life.
-I miss my best friend much more than I could have imagined, and it is only deepened by the fact that I can't contact her in any way. But then again I know when I see her it will be a(these are the only words I can possibly think to describe it)golden jubilee.
-The strange aphorisms of Frances Caroline Waldear make me giggle and are rarely understood by people who do not see them come out her mouth. Ask her for her opinion if you see her, it will be one of the best you have ever heard. If you live in Chicago I suggest you ask Martha Lein, she has been on a roll recently (who am I kidding Martha is always on a roll).
-If I could choose anything to remember most clearly from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs show, it how RoRo's eyes looked everytime they played and old song.
-Stewing in your own sweaty discomfort, both physically and mental, doesn't always bring you comfort. Sometimes you just end up over ripened and sad.
- When I open myself up to the world, I feel like a milk bottle pyrimd at a carnival. Some people are able to knock me down better than others, but but there is always a chance that they will miss. And even if I do get hit I rarely am knocked over completely. And even if they win, at least they get a prize. It also allows me to see people who try to knock me down as bloated from cotton candy and chili con carne. Thats my prize.

No comments: