Saturday, July 18, 2009

elements of the good days

I just came back from back from a mighty fine show at the Fun House tonight. I was condensing it into something more manageable while on my ride home. Here is what happened to come out of it.

what a joyful sound

He dances like 5 pine planks painted black and nailed together;
And another, he moves like those plug-in Santas that light up and jingle bell boogie.
Heads and arms are spinning like Saturn rings, their finger tips are many moons;
I dance like a lazy donkey, ears floppy and booted hoof so lightly stomping.

She dances like a three quarter full pitcher of lemonade perspiring
On a wobbly end-table, a July evening, before the lightning bugs are shining.
And everybody moves, but it will not be like me and it will not be like you-
Everybody moves but it has to be different if you want it to be true.




---------

No comments: