Saturday, May 3, 2008

continued from last post

I'm in the car with my mom, she had just picked my roommate and I up from the bart station and we're on our way to my grandparents' house. My mom says "I asked Murphy [our dog] today if he loves Nana (my grandmother) and he said RUFF. But when I asked him if he loves Papa (my grandfather), he only says ruff."And I say, "Does that mean he loves Nana more?""I guess so."

At first all I could think about was, 'how on earth did I get stuck with the crazy dog lady for a mom?' Embarrassed was an understatement. Then I realized how luck I am to have the crazy dog lady as my mom. Those of you who do not have crazy dog ladies for a mom are missing out on some of the best comedic situations a single mother can provide. Sure, she is weird and talks to her dogs and talks through the dogs to me and gives me presents that are signed from the dogs, but I have come to accept that my life has probably served as inspiration for many a Christopher Guest's flicks. Moral of blog entry: family is often embarrassing, therefore, take a step back, pretend you are in a Christopher Guest film, and you will probably feel better about your mom.

No comments: