Friday, May 16, 2008

list of songs I seeing parts of when I am alone on the street:

1) Hallejuah- by Leonard Cohen, but I always listen to the Rufus Wainwright version
2) Come on get happy-Judy Garland
3) Valarie- Amy Winehouse
4) Make a Move- Birds fled from me
5) Where do the children play- Cat Stevens
6) I think its gonna work out fine- Ike and Tina Turner (this is actually usually not sung out loud, but danced to and sang in my head when no one is looking at work)
7) Missisipi Goddamn- Nina Simone
8) You are what you love- Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
9) Trouble in Mind- Nina Simone
10) I would rather be blind- Etta James


The last time I was in San Francisco, I walked down the singing with my best friend. We sang and walked from her dorm to wherever we wanted to go, actually singing as if it were breathing or some natural action without the slightest premonition.

I always forgot the words and I was self concious of it from time to time. But Jenny would giggle a little bit, and she only told me I messed up once, even though I knew I forgot at least a section of every song we sang.

It just felt good, it felt right to do. So it was done. I wouldn't mind it if it happened a lot, walking down the street and singing with or without someone, but nonetheless I am happy it happened at least once at the volume I have always wanted it to.

No comments: