Wednesday, May 7, 2008

NAME DROP ON SOME GOOD LISTENS

One of my current fixations is listening to This American Life online here:
http://thislife.org/Radio_Archive.aspx

I used to listen to This American Life with my father in his car. NPR was always on, so this and "wait wait don't tell me" were my favorites. They grew on me as I matured, and while online one day I recognized an ad online publicizing the new Showtime show version of T A L. So I went to the website and found the radio archives. All I can say is SOOOOO GOOOOOOD.

I haven't listened to too many of them, but my favorite so far is from April fourth of this year. It is titled "Nobody's Family is Going to Change", and it reminded me a lot of Jenny's thoughts on her dog loving mother. And it reminded me to love my family, all of it, every member and even the things I cannot change about some members.

I encourage readers to listen and find their own favorites, comment if you wish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my dad used to drive me to the bus stop every morning we would listen to NPR. It was always sometime during Morning Edition, and then we would always here the California Report came on and it was usually something I wouldn't pay attention to.

He doesn't drive me anymore, and yet I still listen. I like hearing what is going on, even if I don't understand. My favorite shows/programs are "This I Believe" and "Fresh Air with Terry Gross