Wednesday, May 7, 2008

the first time I saw this I cried

no lie
this video by miranda july
"are you the favortie person of anybody"
made me cry



i think it is more the resonace of the statement afterwords
the thought of meaning something to someone

the second time i watched it with my friend jamie
and i was careful, and she was the first one to laugh
i am not saying the subject matter is laughable
but something in the second viewing, jamie's first viewing,
struck me as worth laughing about

i think it was the certainty of the second answer


i would like to think i am someones favorite person
but i dont think i would ever like to know
i would like for it to escape from their clutches
after they are in their grave, like it was left on a slip of paper
"patrick james gill was my favorite person"
but i dont know how i could interact with someone who called me
their true favorite.

i think i might have a few favorite people
but i will never tell them
they know it
i think even the ones who just think it should believe they are
if that gives them hope

i dont know, just in some big romantic and beautiful way
i think that everyone has a favorite person, even if it takes time to remember who
and that everyone is someones favorite person, even if they never know

just a thought

No comments: